Rebecca is a strong advocate for attempting to resolve issues without the Court’s involvement, including by way of mediation and another alternative dispute resolution process known as Collaborative Law.
As a mediator, Rebecca enjoys assisting parties in family law or sporting disputes by facilitating communication to negotiate a mutually acceptable agreement.
Mediation allows the parties to focus on their needs and interests and different options in an informal setting allowing the parties control the outcome.
- Affordable – mediation costs significant less than corresponding between solicitors in writing or litigation.
- Efficient – The mediation process can usually settle a dispute within a half day or a day.
- Effective – mediation settles over 85% of disputes.
- Informal – mediation is flexible and informal and parties can be legally represented or be self represented.
- Empowering – parties are directly engaged in the negotiation process and they control the outcome. The decision making is done by the parties, not the mediator or a Judge.
- Confidential – Information disclosed during a mediation cannot be used in litigation meaning that parties are free to discuss all options without the threat of the discussions being used in Court.
- Safe – the parties can be in separate rooms or by telephone or video.
Contact Rebecca to enquire about her availability and fees. Mediations and Arbitrations can be held in person at Rebecca’s rooms on the Gold Coast or Brisbane or online. Rebecca is also available to travel throughout Queensland and interstate.